Boot Camp starts tomorrow!
Yes, it’s repetition! I’m excited about the Boot Camp Live Stream – are you, too?
I’ve finally accepted the fact that I can’t attend in person. The Facebook Group has been a great help to me getting past my disappointment. To be honest, I hadn’t been active on Facebook for a long time. Being involved in the writing groups from the courses I’ve taken put me back in that groove.
The live stream turns out to be a great thing for me since I’m travel restricted right now. As a matter of fact, it’s already a great thing. Today was to be my travel day, and I’d taken leave from my day job to include it. It’s been put to good use.
- I took the agenda, created with all times in Eastern (logical), and opened it in Adobe Acrobat. Now, all the times are now Central time (my time zone). now messing up time zone changes issues have disappeared. I don’t want to miss a thing. I’ll do replays, I’m sure. And I want to see it first hand, too.
- Both of my blogs, this one and www.mybabyboomerblog.com, received much needed work. Makes me want to retire to do this full time – more and more! However, Mybabyboomerblog.com still needs work to be ready to go public yet. It is getting closer every day. If I could only make up my mind on a theme to use. 🙂
- An affiliate account or two received the attention needed. Now, the wait for acceptance and appropriate links begins.
Anticipated Boot Camp Take-Aways
- Networking. Even though I am not Facebook proficient, I’m getting the hang of it slowly. And the number of people participating in the group is growing. I uploaded a copy of my business card (with permission, of course).
- More motivation. I’ve accomplished several things today that I’d really like to continue doing. The motivation I need requires I come away from Boot Camp with the motivation to get those spec assignments turned in. Then completion a couple of AWAI courses that will help me find clients in my favorite writing areas.
- Watch everything! My household, including the very attendant Australian Shepherds, have been informed that even though they can see me, I’l actually in Florida for the next 4 days.
- Take copious notes! Even if the videos will be available right after the event, notes are essential to my life. Especially since I’m still adjusting to digital – I like my written notes.
- Remember how important this is. I can’t retire without it. My health makes it very important to retire as soon as possible. Get the drift here?
Enjoy Boot Camp!
In conclusion, It’s time for me to put this one to bed and go back to work preparing for tomorrow afternoon. Most of all, enjoy every minute of Boot Camp. Not matter if you’re there in person or live streaming in your living room! It’s an incredible opportunity for all of us!